POLITICS NIGERIA has obtained a list bearing the name of governors that signed the expression of interest and Presidential Nomination forms of Ex-Lagos Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Tinubu, who is a frontline aspirant for the Presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC, was endorsed by 12 governors and 37 statutory delegates.
On Wednesday, the APC National leader’s form was submitted to Party officials in Abuja by the Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, and former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir Lawal.
In a tweet, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Lagos State, Gboyega Akosile, wrote, “Just in: frontline @OfficialAPCNg presidential aspirant @officialABAT this afternoon submitted his expression of interest and nomination forms to the @OfficialAPCNg officials at the International Conference Centre, Abuja. Former SGF, Babachir Lawal, accompanied by Gov @jidesanwoolu submitted on his behalf.”
Below is the list of Governors that signed the form;
- Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State
- Governor Babajide Sanwoolu of Lagos State
- Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State
- Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno State
- Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State
- Governor Aminu Masari of Katsina State
- Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state
- Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State
- Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State
- Governor Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe State
- Governor Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger State
- Governor Muhammad Badaru of Jigawa State
The article was originally published on Politics Nigeria.