As 72 Million Subscribers Are Barred From Making Calls, Here Are Some Simple Steps To Link Your NIN To MTN, Glo, & Airtel SIM Cards
The federal government ordered telecommunications providers to enforce compliance with its National Identification Number-Subscriber Identity Module policy on Monday, April 4, after months of delays.
To put it another way, telecom providers have been ordered to block SIM cards that have not yet been linked to a National Identification Number (NIN).
Over 72.77 million active telecommunications subscribers have been prohibited from making calls on their SIM cards as a result of the directive.
If you are one of those affected by the development, here is how to link your NIN with your SIM cards, according to the major phone networks in the country such as MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile.
How To Check Your NIN.
To link your NIN to your SIM cards, you must have first enrolled for the NIN at the designated centres.
Having successfully enrolled, you will be presented with a slip containing the NIN.
You can also check your NIN just by using USSD code on your phone.
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) asked Nigerians to dial *346# to retrieve their NIN.
The USSD code is available for subscribers using MTN, Airtel, 9mobile and Glo network.
How to link your NIN to your MTN Number
- Visit the Customer NIN Capture https://mtnonline.com/nin/
- You will see the form where you will fill in your full name.
- Then put your MTN Mobile Number
- Type your NIN Fill in your email address
- Then click on ‘SUBMIT’ button
Linking NIN With MTN Number Via Short Code
- Dial *785# Input the 11 digits NIN, then send You will be notified if the linking is successful or not
How To Link Your NIN To Your GLO Number
Send UpdateNIN (put space) NIN (put space) First name (put space) and Last Name to 109
How To Link Your NIN To Airtel Number
Dial *121*1# Input your 11 digit NIN You will receive a text message saying it’s successful
How To Link Your NIN To 9mobile Number
- Visit the website https://9mobile.com.ng/nin
- Click on the green space with ‘verify and link your NIN now’
- Enter your mobile number and fill the requirements
Thanks For Reading.
Please Don’t Forget To Share, Like And Comment.