Strike: Emulate Jonathan, Engage ASUU personally – Joe Bukka To Buhari: President Muhammadu Buhari has been urged to end the lingering Academic Staff Union of Universities’, ASUU, strike by emulating the strategy adopted by former Predident Goodluck Jonathan in November 2013 during which he personally presided over the meeting with the aggrieved lecturers and had the knotty issues resolved.
Joe Bukka, the convener of the Middle Belt Movement for Justice and Peace, or MBMJP, gave the advice on Sunday in Makurdi, stating that the President must act personally to address the issue in the best interests of all parties as soon as possible. According to vanguard.
“The former President Jonathan’s tactic paid off in November 2013 when the strike at the time extended for four months and it became clear that Nigerians disliked the government for allowing the strike to linger for so long when the government’s negotiators failed to make any progress,” he said.
“Then-President Jonathan stepped up to the plate; he personally presided over a meeting that included the leadership of ASUU in addition to the pertinent government officials.
In a session that lasted roughly 12 hours, he took charge of the negotiations. To the relief of all Nigerians, agreements were reached, immediate actions were taken, and the strike was called off at the conclusion of the session.
“We urge President Buhari to use the same approach right now to end the strike because it is embarrassing for our country that our public universities have been closed for so long and our leaders are too preoccupied with politics to notice that a nation is in trouble when its human capital development is stalling.
“That is the meaning of this strike lasting this long following the nearly one year lost in 2021 due to COVID-19 and the similar ASUU issue.
“The President must now placate the nation’s ire over the strike in order to demonstrate to Nigerians that this is his government. As his predecessor did to spare the country and his government the shame at the time, he can accomplish this by stepping in personally.
Allowing the ASUU strike to continue is adding to the people’s woes and further demonising the All Progressives Congress, APC, when elections are only a few months away. “There is no doubt that Nigerians are obviously not happy with this government over several unfulfilled promises and worsening insecurity and economic downturn.”
Thanks For Reading , Please Don’t Forget To Drop Your Comment Below And Remember To Share, Like And Subscribe by Clicking the bell icon For More Update. Join Our WhatsApp Group Here For For Your Gift Prizes And More Firsthand Update.
- Candidates Selected For the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Examination In 2022 | NNBTS Batch 34
- What Peter Obi Said When Asked What Is The Difference Between Him And Atiku In Terms Of Ideology
- BREAKING NEWS IN NIGERIA TONIGHT
- BREAKING NEWS IN NIGERIA THIS MORNING MONDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2022
- Why Is That When It’s The Turn Of South East, They Realised Zoning Arrangement Won’t Work?- Farotimi
- Shehu Sani Reveals What He Saw After Visiting One Of The Deserted Stations Of The Abuja-Kaduna Train
- 2023 Election: Northern Elders Forum Will Not Vote Based On Where A Candidate Comes From – Baba-Ahmed
- I Was Told That Even After Awolowo Was Stoned In Aba, He Urged Yorubas To Work With Igbos – Farotimi
- Unidentified Lady Steals An 8-Day-Old Baby From Bauchi Hospital After Disguising Herself As A Staff
- Your Mental Help Needs Rest & Repair – Chacha Eke tells Mr. P, Blessing CEO & Others React
- ASUU/FG Face-off: Litigation, Recipe For Long-drawn Battle — Parents, NANS
- Joe Igbokwe Replies Man Who Said Arrested Abuja Kidnapper, Iyon Is A Member Of The APC
- Black Sunday: Deadly Accident In Lagos Claimed The Lives Of Seven Persons
- A Prostitute And Her Customer Were Found Naked At The Site Of The Lagos Building Collapse— Official
- BREAKING NEWS IN NI GERIA THIS MORNING SATURDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER 2022
- What I Did When An African Leader Amended The Constitution To Extend His Tenure- Obasanjo
- 2023 Presidentcy: Apex Igbo Body Reveal Why They Have Not Endorsed Peter Obi
- A 37-Year-Old Man Was Arrested For Locking His Girlfriend In A Hotel Room And Sexually Molested Her
- 13 States PDP Has Never Lost In Presidential Elections Since 1999
- Npower Latest News On Payment of July, August & September Stipends Today Saturday, September 24, 2022
Politics2 weeks ago
Soludo Reveals The People Behind The Attack On Ifeanyi Uba
Breaking News2 weeks ago
Festus Keyamo Reacts To Video Of Tinubu Bending Down To Greet Orji Uzor Kalu’s Mother
Education4 months ago
Aksu Student, Idara S€xtape Surface Online (Watch full Video)
Politics4 weeks ago
Bola Tinubu, Shettima And Lalong Hold A Meeting At APC National Secretariat [Photos]
Breaking News2 weeks ago
The International Leader Of Fulani, Emir Sanusi Holds meeting With UN Assistant Secretary [Photos]
Breaking News3 weeks ago
Many Told Us The SE Can Never Go The Way Of The NE -Aisha Says As Insecuty Gripples SE
Breaking News5 months ago
2023: Primate Ayodele reveals Names of Aspirants that won’t be President [LIST]
Breaking News4 weeks ago
Wike Tackles Atiku, Insist PDP National Chairman Must Resign