PDP Crisis: You’re Dancing, Confidence Vote Won’t Save Ayu – Wike Mocks Secondus
It was on Saturday, Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State derided Uche Secondus, the former national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), for celebrating the endorsement of Sen. Iyorcha Ayu as his replacement by the PDP‘s National Executive Committee.
No amount of confidence votes, according to Wike, would prevent Ayu from being removed from his or her job.
The governor made this announcement at a lavish celebration for around 90 PDP defectors from other political parties held at Port Harcourt’s Isaac Adaka Boro Park.
He claims that Secondus is dancing and seems to have forgotten that a sitting national chairman has before been removed from office following a vote of confidence.
I was observing and listening, Wike stated. There is supposedly only one person, Secondus. They claim he was dancing in celebration of NEC giving their candidate a vote of confidence. History escapes his memory.
“Ask him, the same NEC through Aliyu Babangida, who presented a motion for a vote of confidence supported by the same person, Ndudi Elumelu, awarded him a vote of confidence. What happened? He got up and left the building.
“We don’t fight and turn around. It’s none of my concern if you want to receive up to twenty votes of confidence. Making ensuring the proper thing is done is what I and my staff do.
“And whether it is done now or tomorrow, the right thing must be done. Therefore, no one should care about themselves. Dance at home if you’re dancing. Come and mobilize support for the candidate you believe will win.
Since Alhaji Atiku Abubakar became the PDP’s presidential contender for 2023, the party has been in trouble.
When Atiku chose Delta State Governor Ifeanyi Okowa to be his running partner in the upcoming election, the party descended into chaos.
Wike has expressed his displeasure with the PDP’s leadership over Atiku’s selection of a running partner.
Wike, the PDP’s second-place finisher in the presidential primary a few months ago, was neglected by Atiku, which caused the party to split.
After taking the appropriate action, Wike demanded Ayu’s resignation.
The governor remarked that neither the PDP’s presidential candidate nor its national chairman could be produced in the North.
- Candidates Selected For the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Examination In 2022 | NNBTS Batch 34
- What Peter Obi Said When Asked What Is The Difference Between Him And Atiku In Terms Of Ideology
- BREAKING NEWS IN NIGERIA TONIGHT
- BREAKING NEWS IN NIGERIA THIS MORNING MONDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2022
- Why Is That When It’s The Turn Of South East, They Realised Zoning Arrangement Won’t Work?- Farotimi
- Shehu Sani Reveals What He Saw After Visiting One Of The Deserted Stations Of The Abuja-Kaduna Train
- 2023 Election: Northern Elders Forum Will Not Vote Based On Where A Candidate Comes From – Baba-Ahmed
- I Was Told That Even After Awolowo Was Stoned In Aba, He Urged Yorubas To Work With Igbos – Farotimi
- Unidentified Lady Steals An 8-Day-Old Baby From Bauchi Hospital After Disguising Herself As A Staff
- Your Mental Help Needs Rest & Repair – Chacha Eke tells Mr. P, Blessing CEO & Others React
- ASUU/FG Face-off: Litigation, Recipe For Long-drawn Battle — Parents, NANS
- Joe Igbokwe Replies Man Who Said Arrested Abuja Kidnapper, Iyon Is A Member Of The APC
- Black Sunday: Deadly Accident In Lagos Claimed The Lives Of Seven Persons
- A Prostitute And Her Customer Were Found Naked At The Site Of The Lagos Building Collapse— Official
- BREAKING NEWS IN NI GERIA THIS MORNING SATURDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER 2022
- What I Did When An African Leader Amended The Constitution To Extend His Tenure- Obasanjo
- 2023 Presidentcy: Apex Igbo Body Reveal Why They Have Not Endorsed Peter Obi
- A 37-Year-Old Man Was Arrested For Locking His Girlfriend In A Hotel Room And Sexually Molested Her
- 13 States PDP Has Never Lost In Presidential Elections Since 1999
- Npower Latest News On Payment of July, August & September Stipends Today Saturday, September 24, 2022
Politics2 weeks ago
Soludo Reveals The People Behind The Attack On Ifeanyi Uba
Breaking News2 weeks ago
Festus Keyamo Reacts To Video Of Tinubu Bending Down To Greet Orji Uzor Kalu’s Mother
Education4 months ago
Aksu Student, Idara S€xtape Surface Online (Watch full Video)
Politics4 weeks ago
Bola Tinubu, Shettima And Lalong Hold A Meeting At APC National Secretariat [Photos]
Breaking News2 weeks ago
The International Leader Of Fulani, Emir Sanusi Holds meeting With UN Assistant Secretary [Photos]
Breaking News3 weeks ago
Many Told Us The SE Can Never Go The Way Of The NE -Aisha Says As Insecuty Gripples SE
Breaking News5 months ago
2023: Primate Ayodele reveals Names of Aspirants that won’t be President [LIST]
Breaking News4 weeks ago
Wike Tackles Atiku, Insist PDP National Chairman Must Resign