2023: Reuben Abati Tackles Governor Hope Uzodinma Over Comments On Igbo Presidency – As Nigeria prepares for the upcoming 2023 general elections, veteran journalist and broadcaster, Dr. Reuben Abati has come out to tackle Imo State Governor and All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain, Senator Hope Uzodinma over his recent comments regarding efforts being made by the Igbos to have one of their sons occupy Aso Rock as the country’s next Commander in Chief.
Recall that while speaking at the 80th birthday celebration of renowned business mogul, Chief Emmanuel Iwuayanwu in Owerri, the Imo State capital over the weekend, Governor Uzodinma told the Igbos to forget about the presidency in 2023, insisting that they can only produce a president of their extraction when they have eventually “found peace with Nigeria”.
Reacting to Uzodinma’s comments during an interview on ARISE TV’s ‘The Morning Show’ on Monday, Dr. Reuben Abati described the governor’s remarks as ‘unfortunate’ especially when considering that there are two Igbo candidates (Dumebi Kachikwu and Peter Obi) contesting for the office of the president in the upcoming elections.
Going further, Dr. Abati, who was the presidential spokesman for the Goodluck Jonathan administration, pointed out that such statements coming from prominent politicians and leaders while campaigning for their respective parties could end up igniting hatred among the electorates in the country.
“What Hope Uzodinma is saying is that Igbos cannot be president in 2023, that they should forget it. Well, that’s unfortunate considering the fact that there are two prominent Igbo candidates on the ballot. There is Dumebi Kachikwu and Peter Obi, who is the most prominent Igbo man on the ballot.
He is also saying the Igbos cannot be president until they make peace with Nigeria. He did not go into details in that regard. So, is he promoting irredentism or ethnic hatred, or the politics of hate? The issue is that these politicians must be careful going forward on the kind of things they say to their audiences,” he said.
You can watch Dr. Reuben Abati’s reaction to Hope Uzodinma’s comments below:
NOTE: Please forward the video to 6:54 (Six Minutes, Fifty-four seconds).
Thanks For Reading , Please Don’t Forget To Drop Your Comment Below And Remember To Share, Like And Subscribe by Clicking the bell icon For More Update. Join Our WhatsApp Group Here For For Your Gift Prizes And More Firsthand Update.
- Candidates Selected For the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Examination In 2022 | NNBTS Batch 34
- What Peter Obi Said When Asked What Is The Difference Between Him And Atiku In Terms Of Ideology
- BREAKING NEWS IN NIGERIA TONIGHT
- BREAKING NEWS IN NIGERIA THIS MORNING MONDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2022
- Why Is That When It’s The Turn Of South East, They Realised Zoning Arrangement Won’t Work?- Farotimi
- Shehu Sani Reveals What He Saw After Visiting One Of The Deserted Stations Of The Abuja-Kaduna Train
- 2023 Election: Northern Elders Forum Will Not Vote Based On Where A Candidate Comes From – Baba-Ahmed
- I Was Told That Even After Awolowo Was Stoned In Aba, He Urged Yorubas To Work With Igbos – Farotimi
- Unidentified Lady Steals An 8-Day-Old Baby From Bauchi Hospital After Disguising Herself As A Staff
- Your Mental Help Needs Rest & Repair – Chacha Eke tells Mr. P, Blessing CEO & Others React
- ASUU/FG Face-off: Litigation, Recipe For Long-drawn Battle — Parents, NANS
- Joe Igbokwe Replies Man Who Said Arrested Abuja Kidnapper, Iyon Is A Member Of The APC
- Black Sunday: Deadly Accident In Lagos Claimed The Lives Of Seven Persons
- A Prostitute And Her Customer Were Found Naked At The Site Of The Lagos Building Collapse— Official
- BREAKING NEWS IN NI GERIA THIS MORNING SATURDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER 2022
- What I Did When An African Leader Amended The Constitution To Extend His Tenure- Obasanjo
- 2023 Presidentcy: Apex Igbo Body Reveal Why They Have Not Endorsed Peter Obi
- A 37-Year-Old Man Was Arrested For Locking His Girlfriend In A Hotel Room And Sexually Molested Her
- 13 States PDP Has Never Lost In Presidential Elections Since 1999
- Npower Latest News On Payment of July, August & September Stipends Today Saturday, September 24, 2022
Politics2 weeks ago
Soludo Reveals The People Behind The Attack On Ifeanyi Uba
Breaking News2 weeks ago
Festus Keyamo Reacts To Video Of Tinubu Bending Down To Greet Orji Uzor Kalu’s Mother
Education4 months ago
Aksu Student, Idara S€xtape Surface Online (Watch full Video)
Politics4 weeks ago
Bola Tinubu, Shettima And Lalong Hold A Meeting At APC National Secretariat [Photos]
Breaking News3 weeks ago
The International Leader Of Fulani, Emir Sanusi Holds meeting With UN Assistant Secretary [Photos]
Breaking News3 weeks ago
Many Told Us The SE Can Never Go The Way Of The NE -Aisha Says As Insecuty Gripples SE
Breaking News5 months ago
2023: Primate Ayodele reveals Names of Aspirants that won’t be President [LIST]
Breaking News4 weeks ago
Wike Tackles Atiku, Insist PDP National Chairman Must Resign