~ … Compensate South-East With VP Position… ~
The Peoples Democratic Party primary has been urged to compensate the South East with Vice President slot.
Sam Ohuabunwa, one of the contenders at the just concluded PDP convention said this while revealing his willingness to accept any offer to be Atiku Abubakar’s vice in the forthcoming 2023 general election.
The businessman revealed on Monday that he is willing to serve the country in any capacity when the opportunity arises.
Ohubunwa’s dream to be PDP’s candidate to run against the All Progressives Congress and other political parties was dashed at the primaries that saw him secure the least vote on Saturday.
Atiku, Nigeria’s ex- VP secured the highest vote of 371, Rivers State Governor Nyeson Wike was second with 237, Bukola Saraki the former Senate President secured 70, while Udom Emmanuel who is the Akwa Ibom State Governor got 38 votes.
Bala Muhammed, Bauch State Governor secured 20 votes, while Anyim Pius Anyim and Ohuabunwa got 14 votes and one vote respectively.
Both candidates who secured the least votes are from the South Eastern Nigeria, a region clamouring to hold the top position for the first time since 1999.
But losing the primary has left the pharmacist and founder of Neimeth Pharmaceutical to scramble for the VP Post.
“The issue is that as I said in 2019, there is nothing new, it is the same system. We cannot pretend that it is just a new development,” he told Channels TV.
“But the issue is that I have a heart to serve Nigeria willing to make the sacrifice and whatsoever opportunity presents, I will certainly consider it. It is not about me; it is about redeeming this country. It is about creating future for my children and grandchildren. It is about uniting it and making us energetic as a globally competitive nation that will be at peace with itself and respected.
“So, whatever role that God grants me to advance that vision, I will gladly take.”
He decried that delegate who voted were motivated by “the effect of money. So, whenever you see the votes coming you will see that it is skewed towards that direction.”
According to him, it was difficult for the delegates who voted to see money and ignore it particularly as it was substantial.
He explained that PDP primaries has always tilted towards the same pattern.
Although Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, said that it will not back Atiku’s candidature over the South East presidential agenda, Ohuabunwa said the party needs to compensate the region for the sake of equity and justice.
- Candidates Selected For the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Examination In 2022 | NNBTS Batch 34
- What Peter Obi Said When Asked What Is The Difference Between Him And Atiku In Terms Of Ideology
- BREAKING NEWS IN NIGERIA TONIGHT
- BREAKING NEWS IN NIGERIA THIS MORNING MONDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2022
- Why Is That When It’s The Turn Of South East, They Realised Zoning Arrangement Won’t Work?- Farotimi
- Shehu Sani Reveals What He Saw After Visiting One Of The Deserted Stations Of The Abuja-Kaduna Train
- 2023 Election: Northern Elders Forum Will Not Vote Based On Where A Candidate Comes From – Baba-Ahmed
- I Was Told That Even After Awolowo Was Stoned In Aba, He Urged Yorubas To Work With Igbos – Farotimi
- Unidentified Lady Steals An 8-Day-Old Baby From Bauchi Hospital After Disguising Herself As A Staff
- Your Mental Help Needs Rest & Repair – Chacha Eke tells Mr. P, Blessing CEO & Others React
- ASUU/FG Face-off: Litigation, Recipe For Long-drawn Battle — Parents, NANS
- Joe Igbokwe Replies Man Who Said Arrested Abuja Kidnapper, Iyon Is A Member Of The APC
- Black Sunday: Deadly Accident In Lagos Claimed The Lives Of Seven Persons
- A Prostitute And Her Customer Were Found Naked At The Site Of The Lagos Building Collapse— Official
- BREAKING NEWS IN NI GERIA THIS MORNING SATURDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER 2022
- What I Did When An African Leader Amended The Constitution To Extend His Tenure- Obasanjo
- 2023 Presidentcy: Apex Igbo Body Reveal Why They Have Not Endorsed Peter Obi
- A 37-Year-Old Man Was Arrested For Locking His Girlfriend In A Hotel Room And Sexually Molested Her
- 13 States PDP Has Never Lost In Presidential Elections Since 1999
- Npower Latest News On Payment of July, August & September Stipends Today Saturday, September 24, 2022
Politics2 weeks ago
Soludo Reveals The People Behind The Attack On Ifeanyi Uba
Breaking News2 weeks ago
Festus Keyamo Reacts To Video Of Tinubu Bending Down To Greet Orji Uzor Kalu’s Mother
Education4 months ago
Aksu Student, Idara S€xtape Surface Online (Watch full Video)
Politics4 weeks ago
Bola Tinubu, Shettima And Lalong Hold A Meeting At APC National Secretariat [Photos]
Breaking News2 weeks ago
The International Leader Of Fulani, Emir Sanusi Holds meeting With UN Assistant Secretary [Photos]
Breaking News3 weeks ago
Many Told Us The SE Can Never Go The Way Of The NE -Aisha Says As Insecuty Gripples SE
Breaking News5 months ago
2023: Primate Ayodele reveals Names of Aspirants that won’t be President [LIST]
Breaking News4 weeks ago
Wike Tackles Atiku, Insist PDP National Chairman Must Resign